According to GPT
Controlling poverty in Pakistan requires a multi-pronged approach, including:
- Job Creation: Encouraging economic growth and creating job opportunities through private sector development, foreign investment, and entrepreneurship can help reduce poverty.
- Human Capital Development: Improving education and healthcare can increase the human capital of the population, leading to higher productivity and economic growth.
- Social Safety Nets: Implementing social safety net programs, such as cash transfers, food subsidies, and pension schemes, can provide a safety net for the poor and vulnerable.
- Agricultural Development: Improving the agricultural sector through research, technology, and infrastructure can increase productivity, create jobs, and improve food security.
- Microfinance: Encouraging microfinance institutions to provide credit to small businesses and entrepreneurs can help increase economic activity and create jobs.
- Good Governance: Addressing corruption, improving public financial management, and strengthening institutions can create a more conducive environment for economic growth and poverty reduction.
- Targeted Interventions: Providing targeted interventions, such as education and health subsidies, to the most vulnerable populations can help reduce poverty and improve well-being.